Consider Instagram Stories to Promote Your Ministry or Business
Do you scrunch your nose when someone says, “post on social media!”
No shame, no guilt. I was there.
But if you want to share your message with the world, start with short pieces of content on social media. Why?
- People are busy, so they’re looking for easily consumed content.
- You discover what resonates with your audience before you create substantial pieces of content that require more work.
- The cost of entry is low–it’s FREE.
- Everyone has a phone, so you’re accessible because you’re in their pocket
- It lets you escape your analytical cave and be a little creative as you connect with a new audience.
Everybody has a phone so when you’re on social media, you’re literally in their pocket! ~ Marisa Shadrick
Instagram launched in 2010, and it became an immediate hit. No fluke or trend. Users became addicted.
Facebook saw the opportunity and bought Instagram in 2012.
Instagram grew up quickly with amazing features becoming Facebook’s competitive little sibling.
Don’t overthinking Instagram. Begin and make imperfect progress. You’ll enjoy its features, engagement, and discover a new audience to serve.
Current Statistics as of July 2020
Here’s a summary of Statista’s latest insights!
- 1 billion monthly worldwide active users
- 130 million users per day in the US
Worldwide Age Demographics
- 36% Under 24
- 34% 25-34
- 30% Over 34
Behind-the-scenes with Instagram
In this week’s LIVE training, we walkthrough Instagram. I covered the following.
- Understand the story behind stories?
- How to create engaging stories?
- How long you should make your videos.
- Discover how to stimulate the algorithm for more engagement?
- Watch a step-by-step story creation!
Do you scrunch your nose when someone says, “post on Instagram!” No shame, no guilt. I was there. Watch this free training and post your first story!
Here’s my Instagram Challenge!
Create a “Story” and tag me using the sticker @MENTION.
Enter my Instagram Handle @marisashadrick so I can FOLLOW YOU!
Don’t worry about mistakes. It’s just me!
Don’t get caught up overthinking this platform. Begin and make imperfect progress. You’ll soon enjoy the features, engagement, and discover a new audience to serve.
There are many apps available today that provide templates to create Instagram posts and stories.
If you want to see the exact dimensions (and a tool that will make the creation process super easy), check out this article: What are the Ideal Instagram Story Dimensions?
This blog post provides best practices and tips for creating super-engaging Instagram Stories.
Make a difference in the lives of others with short quick pieces of content.
More Instagram Next Week!
The Instagram series continues. Join me as we talk about Highlights and Carousel Posts. Register Here to get notifications.
Digital Strategist and Certified Copywriter